Dr. Ruk woke me up around 6:30 and declared we would be celebrating a birthday! The contractions were not letting up, so he scheduled the c-section for 9:30. Michael arrived and we started making phone calls. The anesthesiologist, luckily Dr. Ruk's favorite, came in shortly thereafter. So much for my perfectly coifed hair and makeup for pictures, I barely had time to brush my teeth before I was taken into the operating room. The demerol was in still in effect and making me very sleepy. I was shaking uncontrollably and it seemed like hours before Michael was able to join me. They started by removing the cerclage, and then Asher Joseph made his debut at 9:46am. We were thrilled to hear his little cries and two years of heartache, stress, and frustration melted off our shoulders. We are so thankful for the incredible gift that God has entrusted us with!
Before
He is holding the cerclage. You can barely see it in front of the little screen. He asked us if we wanted it, but we politely declined.
6 lbs 10 oz & 19 inches
Father & Son
No comments:
Post a Comment