Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 5, 2008

One year ago today, I got all ready to leave the house, gave myself a big ol' bolus dose and pulled that terbutaline pump out of my leg! We have never been so grateful for something that we were both happy to get rid of. I knew I had three to four hours before the contractions started, so I got a pedicure, ate lunch out and even baked a chocolate cake. It was only the second time I had driven in four months, so I stayed close to home. Michael had a dinner that night and by the time he got home, the contractions were two minutes apart. We paged Dr. Ruk and he instructed us to head on in to L&D to hop on the monitors. The nurse examined me and confirmed the cerclage was still holding tight. Since we had to be in a small, high-risk room right next to the noisy nurses station, we decided Michael should go home to get some rest. I accepted some demerol and tried to sleep...to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment